I am a professional translator and scientific editor/proofreader (find REFERENCES at the bottom). |
I want to offer my services in translating technical, scientific and other texts among English – Russian - Ukrainian.
NAVE: Boris Zeltser
EDUCATION: Highest degree (M.Sc.). I graduated from Moscow Aviation Institute and was qualified as a mechanical and aeronautical propulsion engineer. Diploma (honors degree) No 495802.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE IN TRANSLATING:
For 25 years, I worked as a freelance translator and a scientific editor/proofreader of technical, scientific and other texts from English into Russian at the State magazine “Изобретения стран мира” (“Izobretenia Stran Mira”) in Moscow. During that period of time, I translated more than 25,000 pages of English texts. During the last few years, I have been doing translation works for the US and GB translation agencies.
I have a REFERENCE (a signed and sealed certification letter in Russian) from the editorial board of this magazine.
My translation process involves not only a translation, but also editing and proofreading the translated text by myself.
Therefore, my translations into Russian need no editing and proofreading.
At the same time (for 27 years), I worked as a design engineer at the plant of aircraft industry in Moscow. I developed a design of jet engines and various units for air-jet engines and aircraft such as fighters MIG-21, MIG-23, MIG-29, and civil airplane IL-114.
SOFTWARE: MS Office XP (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), SDL TRADOS 2006, SDLX–Lite, Adobe Acrobat, AutoCAD (all versions) and many others.
English: working language,
Russian: native language (the main language of the highest level)
Ukrainian: mother tongue level (I was born, studied at school and college, and lived in the Ukraine until 22 years of age).
My language pairs:
The main fields of my experience in translating are the following:
1. Patents in Int. Cl.: F01, F02, F03, F04, F16, F24, and others.
2. Contracts & Agreements, Trademarks, Marketing,
3. Aviation & Space (aircraft, spacecraft, and engines),
4. Engines of all types (e.g. rocket, gas turbine, turbofan,
internal combustion engines, hydraulic and pneumatic motors, etc.),
5. Automobiles (cars, trucks),
6. Hydraulics & Pneumatics (devices of all types),
7. Mechanics (mechanisms of all types),
8. Centrifugation & Separation (centrifuges and
separators of all types),
9. Digital camcorders, Photo- and digital cameras,
10. Heat transfer and heat exchangers,
11. Hydroelectric devices, drilling equipment, oil/gas
production equipment, etc.
12. User manuals of all types,
13. Computers (general), software,
14. Medical (general), health care,
15. Military, defence,
16. General / Conversation / Greetings / Letters.
Daily output: up to 2,000 source words (EN RU).
EUR 0.05 per s/w
English Russian - EUR 0.05 PER S/W
English Ukrainian - EUR 0.06 PER S/W
Ukrainian Russian - EUR 0.03 PER S/W
TRANSLATIONS INTO RUSSIAN AND ANY RUSSIAN TEXTS - EUR 8 per hour